Our mission at Valley International Academy is to provide educational opportunities for students to be productive members of a global society. Housed in the Silicon Valley, our students experience a high quality,challenging academic experience within the confines of a small, caring nurturing community. Our teachers will enhance students’ special talents and passions and support them through their high school years.
Expected School-wide Learning Results
Valley International Academy students will strive to be …
Effective Leaders and Collaborative Team Members who …
- discover their individual strengths and passions as well as their areas of growth.
- set, evaluate, review and achieve goals.
- recognize and embrace their leadership potential.
- effect change in their school, home and/or community by taking on leadership and support roles.
- work collaboratively in academic and extra-curricular groups.
Creative Producers who …
- produce inspired, quality work that exhibits their personal knowledge and perspective.
- explore, develop and demonstrate creative expression.
- experience and develop an appreciation for the arts.
- utilize various forms of media while conducting research and creating academic projects.
Critical Thinkers who …
- demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- learn independently and continually work towards mastery of language, history, math, science, technology and the arts.
- look closely at the world of ideas and make connections among different areas of learning.
- evaluate and challenge their own assumptions and the arguments that they encounter.
- read, write, speak and listen analytically, thoughtfully and reflectively in English.
- develop, communicate, and execute strategic solutions to academic and real-world challenges.
Healthy Decision Makers who …
- maintain a positive attitude and healthy self-esteem.
- maintain a balanced and healthy approach to nutrition, personal hygiene, and physical fitness.
- care for their physical, emotional and mental well-being and seek help when needed.’
- commit to regular attendance, punctuality, and effective time management.
- behave respectfully and responsibly, displaying personal and academic integrity at all times.
- take responsibility for their personal decisions and the consequences of those decisions.
Global Citizens who …
- respect cultural, physical, economic, intellectual, age, gender, religious and sexual diversity.
- willingly learn about and experience many aspects of diverse cultures.
- formulate and respectfully communicate their own opinions regarding local, national and global issues.
- recognize and value their responsibility to society and make positive contributions to their community.