Valley International Academy residential students live in our dormitory facilities. Located in the hills of Saratoga, our grounds give students a chance to study, relax, and build relationships with students from different countries, backgrounds and cultures, while learning independence.
Valley International Academy provides full-time chaperones during both the week and the weekends to ensure student safety, comfort, and companionship. The dormitory living experience provides students with both structured study time and leisure time activities. Under the direction of our school chaperones, dormitory students have opportunities for shopping, social activities and field trips on weekends. With the support of the chaperones, students quickly acclimate to their new living environment and begin building memories to last a lifetime.
- The school can help arrange airport pick-up and drop-off of our boarding students to and from the airport and the dormitory facilities. Students are required to pay the transportation fee for such services to the service provider.
- Dormitory rooms are fully furnished for student use. Washers and dryers are available on grounds for student use.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided each day. Snacks are available in the Student Lounge.
- Students have full use of the site facilities unless otherwise notified. For example, students may only use the pool when there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Activities are planned for the weekend: shopping, movies, out-to-dinner, tourist destinations and more.
- The Boarding period is broken into two semesters: Fall (August – December) and Spring (January – June). One semester prior to the start of the new semester start date, the school will email a boarding notice to inform students of the date on which they may move into the dormitory.
- Our dormitory does close during the Christmas break (mid- December to early January) and during the summer months (mid-June to mid-August). Many of our students travel home during these periods, travel around the United States, or stay with friends in the United States.